MAT 237 Jenny

My name is Jennifer Bradford and I am a Merchandising Apparel and Textiles major. I am expected to graduate in 2008 and I am undecided on what my career goals are as of now.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Signage



The signage assignment was probably most favorite of all this semester. The purpose of the assignment was to help us learn how to design different kinds of signage's for the retail environment. Our first instruction was to describe the "tone" or mood that we wanted to communicate through our signage program. Then we had to select a style and font for our signs. My partner and I wanted to keep ours simple because we were designing a swim shop, so we did not use much color and kept it very basic. The first one we designed was our store front sign. Here we included our store's logo which is our letter S with the water drop coming off. In the store front sign we also included our tagline, "we care about swimwear." Next, we designed a departmental sign and we chose to do kids swim wear. Again, we made it very basic and right to the point. Finally, we made a point-of-sale sign which gives information about the product and the price. We just made a 50% off sale sign with the same font as all of the other signs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home