MAT 237 Jenny

My name is Jennifer Bradford and I am a Merchandising Apparel and Textiles major. I am expected to graduate in 2008 and I am undecided on what my career goals are as of now.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Floor Layout



The purpose of this assignment was to help us learn how to design a store layout plan and be familiar with different types of fixtures used in retail display. My partner and I first had to decide how big we wanted our store, make entrances and windows, mark out an office area, show where the cash wrap would be located, mark off where our fixtures would be and make sure they were each three feet apart, and finally make a space for our mannequins. After doing all of this, we wrote a page explaining why we chose each of our fixtures and why each one would benefit our store. This project was really helpful and I learned a lot about store layouts and how they need to be set up. I never realized that much work went into making the layout of a store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home